Re: Bug 531464 - why the WONTFIX?

On 07/12/2010 03:49 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Matt McCutchen wrote:
>>> if the reporter refuses to
>>> do that, it's only pure laziness.
>>
>> Maybe, but that's no justification to close the Fedora bug.
>
> Sure it is. If the reporter is too lazy to do even very simple tasks to get
> his/her bug fixed, why should I work for free for him/her? I'm neither the
> reporter's slave nor his/her paid contractor.

Part of the problem is the overloaded meaning of WONTFIX. The original
meaning came from the world that didn't have the upstream/packagers
split and meant that the author can't fix the bug for whatever
reason---nothing can be done about it.

In the context of this discussion, I think Kevin understands WONTFIX as
"the packager can't do anything about it, and leaves it up to the
upstream", whereas other people use the original meaning, and want see
something less categorical in Fedora/Bugzilla.