Re: Bug 531464 - why the WONTFIX?

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Carl Gaudreault
<carl.gaudreault@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>So It seems Carl G. has been closing several bugs across multiple
>>components without comment recently.  Hmm.    Not cool.
>
> -jef
>
> I gave the reason why i closed it.

Are you saying that you comment in 27 requesting the report file a
report upstream bug in bug 531464  is meant to be taking as rationale
for closing the fedora ticket as WONTFIX?

Its not clear from my reading of the comment that is your intention.
Nor is it clear to me that this is an appropriate best practise to do
in general even if this is what you intended. Doubly-so if the person
doing the closures isn't listed as a co-maintainer or an upstream
developer.

I certainly leave bugs in an open state until I or one of my
co-maintainers makes a judgement call which mandates a wontfix
resolution.  This looks like a real issue..a tough one to track
down..but still potentially fixable. Neither cantfix nor wontfix seem
to apply... nor does notabug. There's nothing here in the commentary
that suggests to me this is a wontfix situation if someone was able to
provide an upstreamable patch that could be integrated into our
packages.

> Also, RHBZ number you are referring to?

Do you want a complete listing?  I can talk to you about the pattern
of behaviour offlist. I have concerns about some of your other recent
wontifx/notabug closures.  Your insufficient information closures seem
to be reasonable as well as more than reasonably justified in the
comments.

-jef