Re: Bug 531464 - why the WONTFIX?

Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> That would be nice, but AFAIK you can't Cc: people who are not
> registered on the bug tracker.

Right, most bug trackers (at least when weighted by the number of projects
using them) don't allow CCing unregistered e-mail addresses. This is the
main problem with forwarding bugs upstream ourselves.

One idea I have would be to have a forwarding system running on an alias
like bug-forwarder@xxxx which would be registered on some upstream bug
trackers and automatically forward bugmail from an upstream bug to the
corresponding Fedora bug. Then we could have a link "forward bug upstream"
in our Bugzilla and automatically have the bug filed upstream by the bug-
forwarder account. All correspondance would then be echoed by bug-forwarder
on the respective other bug tracker. A way to trigger this forwarding from
the Bugzilla mass change UI would also be helpful in some cases, especially
for the flood of ABRT bugs.

        Kevin Kofler