Python 2.7 status: mass rebuild of python packages requested

Here's where we are on Python 2.7 for Fedora 14: [1]

I've updated my python src.rpm to 2.7 final (rather than the 2.7rc2 I
had previously):
http://dmalcolm.fedorapeople.org/python-packaging/python-2.7-3.fc14.src.rpm

You can see/download a successful scratch build of this here:

If you want to test this, that would be great, but you need a
"sacrificial" rawhide machine, as e.g. yum isn't going to work
afterwards! (perhaps as a virtual machine)

I've smoketested this on an x86_64 rawhide box, and fixed the most
obvious bugs, and I've successfully used this to rebuild noarch and arch
packages (python-setuptools and python-coverage), and all seems well so
far in light testing.  There are a few extra failures of the selftest
suite [2], hopefully we can shake those out over time.

So hopefully this is ready to build.

I'm looking to do a mass rebuild of all src.rpms that have a requires of
"Requires: python(abi) = 2.6" in a built subpackage as per:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mass_Rebuild_SOP

I've started writing a wiki page about the rebuild:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.7/MassRebuild, (based
on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Mass_Rebuild ) - though it's
barely started so far (it's getting late here and I thought I'd post
status).

I've got a few other features in-flight for F14, trying to make the
Feature Submission deadline for the 13th, so the rebuild isn't imminent,
but hopefully in a week or so.

Hope this is helpful
Dave

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.7
[2] mostly seem to be false positives relating to multilib fixes, along
with "import crypt" failing with
"ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload/cryptmodule.so: undefined
symbol: crypt"; not sure about this one