Re: Res: Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> You must all realize that the ratio of bureaucracy/process burden and
> quality of maintainers/packagers go hand in hand. The better the
> maintainers/packagers/components are less bureaucracy/process burden is
> needed. The worse it gets more bureaucracy/process burden is needed. If
> ye all feel that the bureaucracy/process burden is increasing that only
> means that the quality of maintainers and their components is going
> down.. ( we might be getting more components inn in less quality ).

If our maintainers suck, bureaucracy is not a good solution to fix that
problem.

But we already have a group of trusted maintainers, it's called
"provenpackager". We could give provenpackagers the power to push directly
to stable without any karma requirements.

        Kevin Kofler