Re: No more kernel-source(code) ???

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 02:39:13PM +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

Hoi Arjan,

we're having the discussion now right?

"Voldongen feiten politiek" that's called. First make a change and then discussing it makes it harder to get it reverted if that turned out to be a better solution (I'm not saying it is).

eh please be real. It's one bloody %define that needs toggled after I
created and tested the spec infrastructure in rawhide. That is not making it
harder to discuss that is making it possible to discuss. You can throw a lot
of shit at me if you want, but by overstating claims that much do you really
think I still enjoy putting the time and effort into making this a toggle to
get that to happen? Can you explain to me why I should even bother to go the
more-work route if no matter what I do I get shit thrown at me ?

I'm sorry I'm picking up a little late in this thread, but from what I gather everyone is bitching about the lost functionality that stems from there being no more kernel-source package. What on earth is wrong with installing <kernel-version>.src.rpm, and doing an:

rpmbuild -bp kernel.spec

It gets you the same source tree that you otherwise have had, and lets you build all the modules you could ever want.

Neil
 *Neil Horman
 *Software Engineer
 *Red Hat, Inc.