Re: Our static Libraries packaging guidelines once more

Till Maas wrote:
> I would like to have this with a slight modificiation. If a package
> FTBFS for at least a certain amount of time (e.g. two weeks) at the time
> of Beta, then every provenpackager may just fix the bugs for another
> certain amount of time (e.g. another two weeks) and if nobody fixes it
> then it should be dropped.

Provenpackagers can already do that. Please just do it!

> Or maybe we could have some kind of "neglected packages task force", that
> may just in general fix bugs in packages that are not fixed by the
> original maintainer.

+1. I've been unofficially part of such a force in the past, and fixed a lot
of FTBFS, broken dependency etc. bugs. Alex Lancaster also helped a lot with
broken deps. But I can only do so much fixing on my own. Any help welcome!
So I'd welcome an official task force being instated for this.

> The advantage over becoming co-maintainer of certain packages is then,
> that one does not get all the noise about bugs that are already been taken
> care of by the original maintainer.

Yeah, I surely can't comaintain all the packages I fix, they're way too
many. Making things pass basic packaging-level QA (builds and has no broken
deps) does not and should not require signing up to sort out any and all
issues with the package.

        Kevin Kofler