Re: FEL's commitment lineup

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
How does a general question like that apply to this specific situation?
To me, it's clear that Chitlesh would like to see what is Free to be
available in Fedora, to encourage further development of what is not
Free yet.

But there are other people in the field who believe this is
counterproductive, see for example the reply from the Toped author:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-electronic-lab-list/2009-January/msg00016.html

I fail to see where counterproductivity as such is mentioned, but I can say this:

That's a very, very different discussion then "code vs. content".

Also, I do read:

"And now the next question - is it feasible to develop an open source SystemVerilog simulator in the near feature? I'm sorry to say - but it seems not. Not soon. Too little resources for a too big task. I'll be happy if somebody proves me wrong."

Which to me reads like it needs time, community, and support -not counterproductivity. Fedora can offer these three for free, and may benefit from it. It's a nifty, kinky line of business I do not understand the least bit about, but I fail to see where this is negative and therefor not accepted into Fedora.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip