Re: starting Fedora Server SIG

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Enrico Scholz wrote:

If we don't have a good default course of action, why do you think the
user is going to know better?

Why do you think, that 'yum' knows which choice is the best one? E.g. the
'plymouth' case shows that the wrong decision was taken and that the user
would have made the right one.

But we still have to have a good default for the -y case. We can't stop and prompt when they've passed -y.

If we do have a good default course of action, why are we prompting
the user?

How do you define/configure a "good default course"? Prompting is
probably easier to implement than such a logic.

Except we have to have a default. -y and non-interactive installs require it.

-sv