Re: Proposal: changes to "default application functionality" release criteria

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 1:23 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wading into this discussion pretty late... there's far too much "GNOME does this" or "GNOME wants that" in this discussion.

That is really not how it works, neither for GNOME nor for Fedora - its down to small teams and individual maintainers to
make changes and decisions. For improving the QA situation between upstream GNOME and downstream Fedora, a good
team to talk to is the GNOME release team of which both Michael and I happen to be members.

> Testing that is much more useful to upstream than testing Rawhide,
> because we certainly aren't updating all the bits of GNOME in Rawhide
> nightly. But if it's not built on Fedora (I don't think it is), it may
> well have differences in theme and font configuration that might make
> Fedora's openQA needles not match, which is the problem I'm concerned
> about with sharing the tests.

Could we (GNOME and Fedora in collaboration) set up something where they
_are_ updating everything on top of Rawhide nightly? If not instead of GNOME
OS, at least alongside it?

This would be a useful discussion to have, Having it in a bof at guadec sounds great.