Re: more newbie-friendly dual-boot instructions?

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 12:06 AM Benson Muite <benson_muite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This can be complicated because computers differ in particular Windows
> versions and UEFI/BIOS options. Ubuntu has a helpful guide:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot
> I think Ubuntu has an option to install alongside Windows. Maybe this
> could be something that could be added to the Fedora installer?

Users shouldn't be bothered with bootloader related issues. I've got a
long standing position that we should rip out *all* bootloader related
things in GUI installers. Neither Custom, nor Advanced Custom, nor
secret doorways should expose any of this stuff.

> One of the main pain points is secure boot[1] - which typically needs to
> be disabled.

I'm not sure what this is referring to. The only exception I'm aware
of is the use of the Nvidia proprietary driver. The experience needs a
commitment to do better on behalf of the user.
https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/155

--
Chris Murphy