Re: more newbie-friendly dual-boot instructions?

On Sat, Dec 05, 2020 at 08:32:28PM +0000, Naheem Zaffar wrote:
> I think we need more than just better instructions here.
>
> If you use automatic partitioning, there is also a "leap of faith" step
> where you have to hope that the installer does the right thing, but without
> any way of verifying it.
>
> If you don't use automatic partitioning, it is because you already know
> enough to get past this stage.

Serious question since I don't dual boot -- can the automatic partitioning
handle the Windows 10 dual boot situation? Should I have just told the user
to use that?

> In my opinion the most ideal scenario here would be a Windows based
> pre-installer - it runs the necessary checks that Fedora can be installed,
> sets up partitions and then reboot to finish installation.

Sounds interesting -- how would this help?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>