Re: more newbie-friendly dual-boot instructions?

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 10:20 AM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Sounds interesting -- how would this help?
> > It'd make shrink Windows' problem rather than Anaconda's. It does do
> > an online shrink, creates unallocated space which Anaconda sees as
> > "free space" to just install to without bringing up the Automatic UI's
> > "reclaim space" dialog.
>
> Well, "Window's problem", or "Fedora's Windows-based application instead of
> Anaconda"'s problem?

Sorry, I'm referring to their clunky wizard. Not a new app that runs on Windows.

Screenshot of Windows shrink wizard
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JIpz7xk_zqO1SUkdFV-Dgu0sx4Ta8WGn/view?usp=sharing

The single field "enter the amount of space to shrink" is a reference
to "the reduction amount", i.e. this is the amount that will be made
available to Fedora.

--
Chris Murphy