Re: Fedora Workstation WG minutes, April 28

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 11:31 AM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-04-30 at 15:39 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
> > Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > If having the minutes in meetbot is really important (I don't think it
> > > is), then we need a better way to do this, preferably something
> > > compatible with polari and which won't be blocked by flood control.
> >
> > Having the minutes on meetbot is quite nice, in that it gives you a
> > nicely formatted summary, and a way to browse the archives.
>
> I do find this very useful too. I frequently consult these archives for
> multiple groups (not just QA). Quite often I'll be interested in some
> past decision and the ticket or mailing list thread will refer to a
> meeting discussion; it's very useful that the chances of the full log
> and minutes of that meeting being in the meetbot archive (because
> almost all teams use meetbot) is very high. It would be much more of a
> pain to have to keep a mental list of 'team A uses system foo and keeps
> the minutes at bar, team B uses system meep and keeps the minutes at
> moo...'

I use meetbot in the same way for the same reason. The pain point with
meetbot is if you get the meeting name wrong, and then searching for
minutes could be any number of "names". Sometimes I have to iterate
that to find what I'm looking for. But at least I'm iterating in that
one place.

--
Chris Murphy