Re: Fedora Workstation WG minutes, April 28

I'm slightly confused. Meetbot has two meetings for us today, but both
are incomplete compared to the Etherpad.

https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2020-04-28/workstation.2020-04-28-16.10.log.html
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2020-04-28/workstation.2020-04-28-16.16.log.html

So I think meetbot needs a 3rd attempt to digest the current etherpad
minutes (which seem to match with what's in this email)?

Chris Murphy

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 10:23 AM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fedora Workstation WG meeting
>
> Minutes should be digestible by Meetbot (
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Guide#MeetBot_Commands )
>
> Minutes
>
> #startmeeting Workstation WG (2020-04-28)
> #meetingname workstation
> #chair cmurf
>
> #topic Rollcall
>
> #info present: cmurf, tpopela, aday, mclasen, otaylor, mcatanzaro,
> jens, kalev, james, feborges, link
> #info regrets: neal
> #info missing: langdon
>
> #topic Approve minutes of 14 & 21 April
> #link
> https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2020-04-21/workstation.2020-04-21-13.07.html
> #link
> https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2020-04-24/workstation.2020-04-24-15.20.html
> #agreed Approved - no objections
>
> #topic Announcements
>
> F32 release day
> Fedora on Lenovo laptops; potential implications for the working group:
> #link https://fedoramagazine.org/coming-soon-fedora-on-lenovo-laptops/
>  - First boot (initial setup as the first thing the user sees, rather
> than Anaconda) - need to ensure that either language selection is
> displayed in initial setup or ensure that the correct keyboard layout
> is predefined for the locale. Some digging required here. It might be
> good to track that.
>  - ACTION: Michael to investigate.
>  - Disk encryption - how to enable/reprovision?
>
> #topic Status reports
> Chris is 60% through swap on zram proposal; is currently summarising
> the hibernation issue
>
> #topic F32 retrospective, and appoint chair for F33 cycle
> #link https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/141
> #info Review F32 cycle, WG organizational and meeting format changes.
> Chair and co-chair nominations.
>
> #topic Meeting format
>
> Chris would appreciate feedback on the meeting format.
> Michael: thinks that things are going well. Thinks that video has been
> a success. 6 month chair seems good; thinks that Chris has been doing a
> good job.
> Allan: posted his feedback in the ticket (as did Chris and Tomas).
> Kalev: not happy at all. Would prefer IRC meetings.
> Chris: could we have an IRC meeting every month? Kalev: or a video
> meeting every month, and IRC at other times?
> Matthias: we have IRC all the time.
> Non-weekly meetings are difficult, calendar-wise.
> #agreed Continue the discussion on the ticket.
>
> #topic Chair/co-chair duration
>
> Kalev: 6 months is too long; would prefer 2/3 months, and the chair can
> choose the meeting format
> Chris: perhaps that suggestion could be combined with Allan's idea of
> the chair delegating more duties
>
> #topic Nominations
>
> Chris would be happy to do it, and perhaps delegate more
> Allan is happy to carry on as co-chair, would quite like not to do the
> minutes any more
> [...]

Chris Murphy