Re: Fedora Workstation WG minutes, April 28

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 9:36 AM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 10:50 am, Ben Cotton <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So I'd ask that if you give up on using Zodbot to record minutes that
> > someone sends an email meetingminutes list with minutes after they're
> > approved.
>
> Sure, I can mail the list.
>
> Chris, Allan, do you want me to wait until the minutes are actually
> approved (one week later)? I sent these immediately after the meeting
> because we haven't been waiting for formal approval before sending the
> minutes, perhaps on the assumption that we can correct them a week
> later in the unlikely event anyone objects to something in the minutes.

tl;dr - Posting the minutes to desktop@ list the same day as the
meeting is OK, perhaps even ideal. Usually I review the etherpad right
after the meeting. But if it's posted later, it's fine, I'll adapt.

The thing being approved is "the minutes as found at the following
URL". The URL points to a static body of text that can't practically
be changed, yet can be viewed by all, and therefore it's unambiguous
what is being approved. Whether the URL is meetbot or desktop@ list, I
have no preference. But I think it should be a URL in Fedora infra
since it's the official record.

As for corrections, in order of preference: (a) correct directly in
the etherpad during or following the meeting (b) once the minutes
email is posted, reply to that email with a correction; and both URLs
will be presented as "the minutes as amended" for approval at the next
meeting, (c) verbally state the correction at the next meeting. All of
these are unambiguous. And everyone has the option to object if, for
example, Jens decides to insert a Brandenburg Concerto as a
correction, yet he didn't actually play it during the previous
meeting.

--
Chris Murphy