Re: The new gnome-software update with "third party repositories" support

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 10:58:22 +0100, Kalev Lember wrote:
> <snip>
> Sure, suggestions for better wording are very welcome. This is the best
> we've managed to come up with so far.

Could the software sources can be divided into a few categories maybe?
For example:

- Fedora defaults "These are default Fedora repositories. Keep them
  enabled to get the latest updates from Fedora"

- Extra Free/Open source software for Fedora Workstation "These are
  extra repositories for Fedora Workstation users that provide Free/Open
  source software from other sources, such as COPRs"

- Extra Proprietary software for Fedora Workstation "These are extra
  repositories for Fedora Workstation users that provide proprietary
  software that is not free/open source"

- Other repositories "These are other repositories that have been
  configured, such as user-enabled repositories"

Maybe there could be a colour scheme too to signify each category's
status, like Blue for Fedora repositories, Green for
Workstation-free, Red for Workstation-nonfree, and a Yellow for
user-enabled ones.

How does that sound? I don't know how much work it'll take, of course.

> <snip>
> Yes. I believe mattdm wanted to have a new docs.fedoraproject.org page
> with end-user facing text that we can link to from gnome-software.

Great. Thank you for following this up. :)

--
Thanks,
Regards,

Ankur Sinha "FranciscoD"