Re: Initial setup redundancy

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The timezone configuration is only needed for dual-boot installations where
> the BIOS is in local time instead of UTC, as I don't expect the installer
> to write anything but UTC dates on disk.

I wonder why 20 years ago the ambiguity of timezone and DST was not
written to configuration on disk, so that we could just tolerate a
hwclock set to current local time?

And now I wonder why we ignore the UEFI spec which rather clearly
expects the hwclock to be set to current local time, and includes
timezone and DST information with GetTime() and SetTime().

--
Chris Murphy