Re: third-party repos (design and process) [was Re: Gnome-shell extenstions in Gnome-software]

The general problem with this is that everyone got their own set of 'can't live without' extensions.
For example I know that Linus Torvalds got 3 GNOME Shell extensions he feels he can't live without.

And I think that trying to add a generic 'add any extensions you want' UI to the installer seems like
the wrong thing to do and adding a lot of 'risk' and complexity to the installer, especially
as we have been wanting to streamline the installer experience, not expand it.

Finally if we succeed in continuously improving our upgrade experience the amount of times you or anyone
else should need to do a fresh install and thus lose your extensions should hopefully be quickly
diminishing.

Christian