third-party repos (design and process) [was Re: Gnome-shell extenstions in Gnome-software]

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 08:06:09AM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > * Are these just from extensions.gnome.org? or a mix of the
> > extensions we have packaged in the Fedora repos, with others from
> > the extensions.gnome.org website?
> A mix.

I see we have "Source: extensions.gnome.org" in the search results
listing. The fact that Ryan isn't sure what that means might
indicate that we should go back to the designs and see if we can
strengthen this. I think there might be some confusion with "source"
and "project upstream".

In any case, this is a third party software repository. It seems like a
pretty sensible one to include, but we should go through the process at
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Third_party_software_proposal>,
and this seems like a good opportunity to use the practical example to
finalize the draft and to clear up some of the highlighted questions
and TBDs remaining in the document.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>