Re: Remove the chains of opression: Gnome Online Accounts is spyware

On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 12:40 +0000, dwella@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Gnome Online Accounts is spyware. As simple as that.

	Hi,
just out of interest, why do you think so? You know, without having any
evidence, it's just your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

> Since it is not possible to add custom OAuth providers to the Gnome
> Online Accounts GUI without rebuilding the source,

What do you call "custom OAuth (2?) providers", please? Passing your
own OAuth2 secrets is not the same as writing completely new OAuth2
providers, the code which manipulates the OAuth2 tokens.

By the way, GOA (GNOME Online Accounts) does not read your data in any
extent, it offers the OAuth2 tokens to the applications which ask GOA
for available accounts and those applications read your private data,
not GOA itself.

Maybe it's due to the evolution-data-server, requiring GOA for its
build, but do not split GOA-related code into a separate subpackage.
I guess I can change it, though it requires some coordination to have
it installed by default, at least for the Workstation and the like.
	Bye,
	Milan