Re: Proposal: Fedora Workstation ships with enabled trusted flatpak runtime remotes

On 11/17/2016 10:48 AM, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> The problem is when the runtime is *not* installed. The untrusted
> remote could claim to have an "org.gnome.Platform" runtime, which will
> then be installed, and at this point you're affecting another app.

Is it possible to use cryptography here to make this a bit more safe and
easier to use? Instead of just matching "org.gnome.Platform" name, apps
could maybe also require that "org.gnome.Platform" is signed with a
certain key? And then we could do automatic install if we can find a
runtime with matching signature? Also, maybe different
"org.gnome.Platform" runtimes signed with different keys should be
parallel installable?

--
Kalev