Re: Proposal: Fedora Workstation ships with enabled trusted flatpak runtime remotes

> One solution would be giving apps an option to add a remote and install
> the required runtime from it, but Alex sees that as a potential
> security issue.

Can you elaborate? What security issues?
Could installing runtime X subvert runtime Y used by other apps, e.g. by claiming that X is an update for Y? In that case I'd expect that GPG keys have to match, or something like that.

> If the required runtime were not in one of the trusted remotes, the
> user would be told that the runtime was not found in trusted remotes
> and he'd have to install it manually before installing the app.

How is this fixing the security issues? Most users will happily confirm a dialog, without studying key fingerprints etc.