Proposal: Fedora Workstation ships with enabled trusted flatpak runtime remotes

Hi,
I'm trying to find a way to make installation of flatpak applications
as simple as possible. LibreOffice for Flatpak has been out for a
couple of months and the feedback is that the installation process is
too complex. It has improved with GNOME Software 3.22 supporting
flatpak bundle installation. But you still have to manually add a
remote with required runtime and install that runtime if it's not
already installed.

One solution would be giving apps an option to add a remote and install
the required runtime from it, but Alex sees that as a potential
security issue.

Another solution would be shipping Fedora Workstation with trusted
remotes with flatpak runtimes enabled. It's not a long list right now,
pretty much just: FreeDesktop.org, GNOME, and KDE. Vast majority of
existing flatpak apps are using runtimes provided by these. If those
remotes were enabled in Workstation by default, then installing a
flatpak bundle such as LibreOffice would be just a matter of double-
clicking the file and approving the operation because Software/Flatpak
could figure out the rest including installation of a runtime from one
of the trusted remotes.
If the required runtime were not in one of the trusted remotes, the
user would be told that the runtime was not found in trusted remotes
and he'd have to install it manually before installing the app. But
that's not the case for many apps now.

It's basically enabling 3rd party software sources which requires an
approval of the Workstation Working Group if I understand it correctly.
So I'd like to propose this for discussion in the working group.

Jiri