Re: I asked Hacker News what developers want from a desktop, and this is what they said

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 06:02:05AM -0500, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Hmmm.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6n-2t9aUoM ?
> > (Possibly with a Workstation-specific version?)
>
> From your other mail:
> "
> Although it's not nothing, branding which is only shown briefly at boot
> and when not logged in does not contribute strongly to the visual
> identity.
> "
> I have trouble reconciling that statement with that proposal.

Doesn't seem hard to me -- from another part of that message, "We
should do everything we can". Michael identified the boot splash as an
area he thinks needs improvement, and we're building on that. I don't
see that brief message as a big deal, but if other people do, that's
cool -- let's make it better.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>