Re: Proposal for adding Chrome to software available in GNOME Software

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 10:11:21AM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> Chromium supports Hangouts just fine. You need to build with
> enable_hangouts_services=1. I'm not sure if it pulls in any proprietary
> bits or not, though.

I'll repeat what I've said before: we *should* encourage users to
select open source software. Spreading that message is Fedora's mission.
I'm not opposed to having Chrome available to users from outside of
Fedora, but if the open source version will actually work for 90% of
Chrome users and they just don't know it, we should figure out how to
tell them (and, sure, to help people understand what that missing 10%
is, so they can make an informed choice).

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>