Re: Proposal for adding Chrome to software available in GNOME Software

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 03:42:34PM +0200, Kalev Lember wrote:
> On 10/18/2016 03:22 PM, Christian Schaller wrote:
> > Hi,
> > So as a first formal step since we instituted the new 3rd party software policy
> > I am proposing Chrome. We been communicating with Google for a little bit and things
> > are looking good in terms of getting the things we need included in the Chrome repository.
> > Once we have gotten this appstream patch merged (https://codereview.chromium.org/2424093003)
> > we should have all the pieces needed to include Chrome as a third party application in
> > GNOME Software. So I want to propose that we add discussing this to the next workstation
> > meeting agenda.
>
> Awesome this has gotten so far! Great work Christian and tpopela and
> hughsie and everybody else involved in this!

Agreed.  We know from other fairly random sampling that about half of
Fedora users install Chrome for a web browser.  Making it a bit easier
for them to get it sounds like a benefit to me.  I'll make sure this
is on our next agenda.  I suppose the point is just to make sure that
we have all actions taken care of to include.  Would this be an update
later to the fedora-workstation-repos package?