Re: I asked Hacker News what developers want from a desktop, and this is what they said

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Eric Griffith <egriffith92@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> * Other improvements to updates (not necessarily upgrades): make them
>>   happen in the background, and provide a way to roll back if something
>>   isn't good. Also this for user tweaks rather than just updates.
>

> A la OpenSuse with Snapper, which hooks into a previous topic: Grubby needs
> work if we want to offer rollbacks.

rpm-ostree does rollbacks. It's more complicated under the hood than
what opensuse is doing, but I think it's easier for the user. And
right now it doesn't use grubby at all, and doesn't require Btrfs.

What openSUSE is doing requires Btrfs, a bunch of GRUB patches to
support Btrfs snapshots which are not upstream, and a bunch of
installer changes. No one within Fedora is working on this.

--
Chris Murphy