Re: I asked Hacker News what developers want from a desktop, and this is what they said

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * Hardware compatibility just works. (Wifi, sound, HDMI, graphics,
>   suspend, etc.)

WiFi is really hit or miss. Macs are a huge miss, using b43 driver
802.11g is the best that gets supported. The proprietary driver is a
pain to thread the needle to get it to work. It's super crappy. I'm
not sure how to make it better. Meanwhile, this HP Spectre I'm using,
WiFi works flawlessly out of the box, yay Intel Wireless I guess.

I think graphics needs a solution for "medium" DPI displays (those in
between low and high). Ideally it'd be something dynamic. Eventually
there will be "higher" DPI displays, they'll need to leverage the same
solution, hence I say make it dynamic. I mentioned this on devel@

--
Chris Murphy