Re: I asked Hacker News what developers want from a desktop, and this is what they said

>> * Hardware compatibility just works. (Wifi, sound, HDMI, graphics,
>>   suspend, etc.)
>

> Kernel / driver work, getting better every release.

Arguably it's not, have you tried to get Linux running on some of the
recent generations of Intel based laptops like a Lenovo Yoga? Even
then if it works we still don't properly support decent power
management in tree on devices pushing two years old[1]. So maybe
getting better as a device gets older but a lot of the newest shiny
that developers actually want the support is somewhere between non
existent and decidedly average!

[1] http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/42156.html