Re: Procedure for dealing with 3rd party applications

On Wed, Sep 07, 2016 at 10:50:30PM +0200, Lars Seipel wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 04:10:14PM -0400, Christian Schaller wrote:
> > So one thing I been thinking quite a bit about here is that for many developers whose application could potentially be included might
> > want to be able to have a non-public discussion with us on it first. There could be many reasons for this including not wanting to create
> > a public expectation of something before they finally decided upon doing it to needing to figure out some technical or legal details before committing
>
> I really dislike the confidential part and the reasons given for it
> aren't very convincing. Why do you think this is necessary to achieve
> the purpose of the 3rd party software policy as set out by the council?
[...]

Christian didn't say it was necessary in all cases, he said there are
developers for whom it might be, and clearly stated one reason why.  A
process which sets up a third party developer for embarrassment or
abuse isn't a good one, especially when we're trying to build mutually
positive relationships.