Re: Wayland-by-default: it is for Alpha, unless you change something

Hi

> Sorry to respond to myself, I realized a wrinkle I didn't call out.
> We should make sure that completion measures are clear.  Take for
> example this Wayland feature:
>
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wayland_features#BLOCKER:_primary_selection>
>
> What does 100% mean here?  How is that related to e.g. WebKit
> consumers/users?  Again, a matter of setting expectations for what
> "done" means so it's not a moving goal post.

100% here means it's implemented in GNOME, i.e. in the gtk+ Wayland protocol, in the compositor for GNOME (mutter), and in our toolkit of choice for GNOME (gtk+) modulo possible bugs.

The protocol has been proposed upstream as a general Wayland protocol [1] but it has not reached consensus yet and therefore decision was made to add it as a gtk+ Wayland protocol meanwhile [2], so other toolkits or implementations might be lacking support for primary selection.

Cheers,
Olivier

[1] https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2016-February/027101.html
[2] https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?id=787e1d7