Re: Proposed default app changes for F24

Hey,

On Sun, Jan 03, 2016 at 01:01:56PM -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> There was discussion at the Content Apps Hackfest about whether to
> teach Photos to open arbitrary images, and corresponding discussion for
> Documents and Music, with the goal being to allow us to remove Image
> Viewer and Document Viewer (evince) from the default install. I'm not
> sure what the conclusion of these discussions was.

The conclusion was that, yes, content applications should also act as
viewers. This is a turn around from what we have been saying in the
past. I think there are some design mockups flying around, but, as far
as I know, nothing has been implemented yet.

Cheers,
Rishi