Re: Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 10:05:39AM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Anything else ? I can't really come up with many other scenarios. In any
> scenario where the user installed the system himself, we should assume
> that he can remember what he installed.

Reviews and screenshots shared online. From just yesterday:
<http://lifehacker.com/five-best-linux-desktop-environments-1648022755>
Check out the first comment, where someone wonders what the header
image is. When we're prominently displayed on one of the very top sites
on the Internet, people shouldn't have to ask.

Now, admittedly, that is about desktop environments, not distributions,
but Linux Mint and Ubuntu/Canonical actually get namechecked and
hyperlinked. (Fedora only gets mentioned under Cinnamon!)

As you've suggested, this isn't just about where to put a logo. Next
year, I want Lifehacker to be writing about Fedora Workstation and
talking about how great it is. As great as GNOME is (and make no
mistake: I do think that it is great), we need our users to feel like
Fedora Workstation brings them something special, not just happens to
be the vehicle by which GNOME was delivered.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>