Re: Removing firewall-config from the default install of Fedora Workstation

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, that is the feature/bug I was remembering.  So it's in 3.14
already under the Sharing settings.

What is unclear to me is if a dialog pops up when a network change is
detected, or if there is no dialog does it default to off for a new
network?  (Apologies, I don't have a separate network to test at the
moment).

josh

No, there's no such dialog.
The network panel allows you to manually select a firewall zone if you click the cogwheel.

What we do have is per network sharing settings. When you enable any kind of sharing you can select on which networks you want to enable sharing. If you do that and connect to a network in which you did not enable sharing your stuff will not be shared. Also to add remote shares you must explicitly do so in the Online Accounts panel, so you won't see random videos in your video library if you're connecting to a coffee shop wifi, but (in theory) you will see the videos shared by another computer you have at home.

--
-Elad Alfassa.