Re: DE discussion summary

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:22:07PM -0500, Alex GS wrote:
> technologies that will build their product. They don't mean GNOME 3 as it
> is NOW because whatever GNOME desktop they really want is the one that will
> be produced in the FUTURE specifically for the product.  Hope that
> clarifies things.

Definitely. And if we can get more research data on which to base decisions,
so much the better. It's just really hard to do what we'd really need to do
to be data-driven, because we don't have the budget to do it right (i.e.,
the budget for this is $0.00, and we'd need... several times that) and
doing it wrong (one study, or everyone bringing their favorite wikipedia
articles, or looking solely at yum statistics) is arguably *worse* than
going by feel, because at least feel is informed by a broader picture.
Suggestions welcome here.

--
Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>