Re: Underlying DE for the Workstation product, Desktop -vs- Workstation

Dne 3.2.2014 14:44, Christian Schaller napsal(a):
The working group was tasked with trying to make a product and that is what the working
group is doing, which includes making decisions about what to do. If we are to follow your
logic then everything happening in Fedora is to be considering horrible. I mean why is
FESCo dictating that people use a Linux kernel instead of just defining what a kernel is and
then let the upstream BSD, Hurd and Linux communities work towards becoming that?

Christian

This comparison isn't fair at all :) It's always for practical reasons and popularity people choose the solution A over B. Remember XFree86 vs. X.org; nobody is dictating anyone to use the linux kernel, people want it, simple as that

--
Lukáš Tinkl <ltinkl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Software Engineer - KDE desktop team, Brno