Re: Updated Fedora Workstation PRD draft

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 11:44:31AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> > I just don't want to send the message that the new main Fedora desktop
>> > offering is intended to be exclusionary of feedback from our technical
>> > users, and sysadmins in particular (because that group is important to the
>> Sigh.  The PRD is not a marketing document.  THE PRD IS NOT A
>> MARKETING DOCUMENT.
>
> I didn't mean "message" in a marketing sense. I meant internally, in
> user-developer interactions within Fedora; I don't want a Fedora
> contributor's report of "change X makes it harder for me to use Fedora" or
> "this is great! more of this please" to be met with "you're not a developer
> so Fedora isn't interested in you."

Fair.  There needs to be a feedback loop.

Though I don't think it's unreasonable to politely say Feature
requests are out of scope for particular products.  Or that particular
features (small f) would be nice, but aren't prioritized.  That won't
be driven by "you aren't a developer" or "you aren't using the Cloud
product the way we intended" answers, but by the reality of limited
resources and prioritization.

josh