Re: Fedora Logo on the login screen

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:24:03 -0400
Cosimo Cecchi <ccecchi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would normally be ashamed and frustrated to the idea alone of
> replying to a message like this, but I will make myself an exception,
> because I feel it's important for me to say it.
>
> I think this message of yours was rude, inflammatory and
> condescending. It's technically misinformed. It misses the entire
> point of this discussion.
> It moves the argument to a space where it can only die, or burst in an
> unproductive flame that will have no positive outcome other than
> making people more frustrated and less willing to engage in a serious
> conversation on this list in the future.
>
> Communication and collaboration can be hard, and I think we can only
> succeed if we carefully weight what we're saying and respectfully
> consider the nature of people involved in a given discussion.
> I personally believe project leaders especially should realize this,
> and I am often saddened to observe that this is not the case in
> Fedora.

Cosimo,

I completely disagree - This is a fedora desktop list - I recommended a
simple and technical solution to our disagreement. There was nothing
inflammatory about it whatsoever. I recommended using another,
available, program that steps around the issue and is immediately
available to fedora.

If this were a gnome mailing list I would agree that it would be
inappropriate but this is not a gnome mailing list - this is the fedora
desktop list.

If you could address the technical issues of my suggestion, I'd be
happy to hear.

-sv