Re: Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Dotan Cohen wrote:

 However, I don't think that Fedora should be used to
introduce people to Linux (reasons given in previous email), and
that's a very likely scenario for a LiveCD. That is a situation that
must be considered.

We are not going to prevent people from using Fedora Live images to introduce Linux to people. I think that's a valid use case. There are certainly some usability gaps which we need to solve (while not moving away from the goal of not including proprietary software by default) There are several other use cases for a live cd which others have explained in detail. What are expecting us to do precisely?

I believe that Live CD's are in general a useful thing for Fedora to have and that is something that is very much enforced by the positive feedback that we got from the release of Fedora Core 6 Live CD.

Fedora 7 will have a x86 GNOME Live CD, x86-64 GNOME Live DVD and a x86 KDE Live CD all of which are installable. The tools to produce different variants are part of the Fedora repository now and uses simple kickstart configuration files. I think all of that is of immense value to end users and system administrators.

Rahul