Re: Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

+1 this seems deserving of answer. I like Fedora, use it all the time,
and so rarely need a liveCD. And I am finding it harder to suggest
Fedora to newbies. The LiveCD doesn't seem like that's going to
change. I''m simply not suggesting any Linux since I'm only familiar
with Fedora. The LiveCD certainly has a cool factor. But in the
hypothetical scenario of a perfect LiveCD, what are the benefits? What
are the hypothetical use cases of said perfect Live Fedora?

Live CD is useful since it is a single disk that you can distribute and get a reasonably good GNOME and KDE desktop. Perfect? no, but it is definitely getting better with every version overall.

Rahul