Re: Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

On 18/04/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> +1 this seems deserving of answer. I like Fedora, use it all the time,
> and so rarely need a liveCD. And I am finding it harder to suggest
> Fedora to newbies. The LiveCD doesn't seem like that's going to
> change. I''m simply not suggesting any Linux since I'm only familiar
> with Fedora. The LiveCD certainly has a cool factor. But in the
> hypothetical scenario of a perfect LiveCD, what are the benefits? What
> are the hypothetical use cases of said perfect Live Fedora?

Live CD is useful since it is a single disk that you can distribute and
get a reasonably good GNOME and KDE desktop. Perfect? no, but it is
definitely getting better with every version overall.

Rahul

What does it provide that Knoppix/Slax does not? Or is RH doing this
"because they can"?

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/603/a-camp.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/unix.html