Re: "Professionalism" syntax

lør, 13.11.2004 kl. 17.56 skrev seth vidal:
On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 16:51 +0100, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> fre, 12.11.2004 kl. 21.00 skrev seth vidal:
> > > No but you might find that some words are found "unprofessional" for 95%
> > > of the userbase - even if they personally don't care.
nteresting.

Do a nice screensaver need to contain anything that might get misjugded?

But can we *please* stop this war?

I AGREE--------STOP!!!!
BUT please split the screensavers into "good for grandma and MY kids" and something that I wouldn't mind laughing about once in a while.
I have enough trouble keeping my 5 teenage boys away from trash sites on the internet without something poping up on the screen reminding them of their hormone driven interests. I am not a prude--I work electrical construction as a forman/leadman, I allow my foster kids and adopted kids to roam on the internet to a limited extent, but they do use LINUX to do this with--like Fedora Core 2. I have taken MS Windows off of their "internet" computer and hopefully will have taken some of the "risk" from my local network from their browsing.
But I do keep a log of where they go and disconnect their cat5 cable if they go or do something outside the rules of conduct--but a questionable screensaver popping up just might put a question inside very "inquireing" minds they just have to get an answer to.....thanks steve

--

Fedora-desktop-list@xxxxxxxxxx