Re: Crontab configuration tool

Using system-config-samba, I have melted your python project to a
ready-for-pam with some minor build environment (Makefiles) thing.

Feel free to use/not use for future development.

It would be nice to have CVS for this project.

Btw. I can use some major GUI redesign actually. It's still WAY to hard
for the average user to set a scheduled task using the GUI.

Maybe some presets should be made:

* Create a scheduled task that starts every day at [  ]h
* Create a scheduled task that starts every [sunday [+]] at[  ]h

And perhaps a tab with "Advanced" for the less standard records.

And a treeview (only columns) with something like:

+-------------+-------------------+-------------------------+
| Frequency   |   Command         | send output/results to  |
+-------------+-------------------+-------------------------+
|Every sunday | /opt/backup.pl    |  mail of root           |
|  at 2:00    |                   |                         |
+-------------+-------------------+-------------------------+
| Every day   | /opt/wakemeup.pl  | /dev/null               |
|  at 9:00    |                   |                         |
+-------------+-------------------+-------------------------+

KISS (Keep it Simple Stupid)

And in the advanced view you can do the

* * * * * command > /dev/null

It would be cool if the application could parse such lines to
less-hard-to-understand messages. The not-easy-to-translate lines could
then go to the "Advanced"-tab and in the "Normal users"-tab it should
show information about records being only in the "Advanced"-tab.

But maybe other people have another opinion of course ..

However, nice job ..

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org