Re: Crontab configuration tool

PÃ ty , 01/06/2004 klokka 22:04, skreiv Philip Van Hoof:
> Using system-config-samba, I have melted your python project to a
> ready-for-pam with some minor build environment (Makefiles) thing.
>
> Feel free to use/not use for future development.
Great! I probably will.

> It would be nice to have CVS for this project.
Yeah, I think so too. Do you have any suggestions? like sourceforge.

> Btw. I can use some major GUI redesign actually. It's still WAY to hard
> for the average user to set a scheduled task using the GUI.

OK, you are probably right.

> Maybe some presets should be made:
>
> * Create a scheduled task that starts every day at [  ]h
> * Create a scheduled task that starts every [sunday [+]] at[  ]h
Yes, that should be easy to make.

> It would be cool if the application could parse such lines to
> less-hard-to-understand messages. The not-easy-to-translate lines could
> then go to the "Advanced"-tab and in the "Normal users"-tab it should
> show information about records being only in the "Advanced"-tab.
less-hard-to-understand messages shouldn't be too hard to make.

- gaute hope, again mailinglists doesn't like me