Re: Crontab configuration tool

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 09:55:07PM +0200, Gaute Hope wrote:
> Yes, but wouldn't it be easier to use the output from 'crontab -l' and install it with 'crontab' instead of having to use the commands of the editor aswell.. which i, don't know, perhaps change slightly from crontab version to version.

I wasn't proposing that you use the editor as a backend. :)

Rather, when cronconf is invoked have it call crontab with the
EDITOR=cronconf as a environment variable. Then your configuration program
will be invoked to edit a temporary file in a safe environment.

This can also be used to edit some other cronfile by the user.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha