Re: design spec for the package management tool

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 12:58, Gene C. wrote:
> On Thursday 22 April 2004 12:47, seth vidal wrote:
> > take the comps.xml file copy it to:
> >        /var/cache/yum/somerepo/yumgroups.xml
> >
> > then you can do things like:
> > yum groupinstall "KDE"
>
> The group related stuff I can do now with s-c-p, can I install individual
> packages (not an update of a previously installed package) from a gui
> interface?
>
> Can I remove one of more packages from gui interface?
>
> The design spec cited in
> http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/config-tools/specs/redhat-config-packages
> looks real good but I am not sure what the status of this is.  The might be
> some RFE or suggestions that I would offer if this was an active effort but
> why waste the time if it is a dead issue?

If you run redhat-config-packages out of cvs head, you'll see some of
the individual package views implemented.  However, there hasn't been
much progress on this in a number of months.  We need to pick up work on
this again and have something better for the FC3 timeframe.

--Brent