Re: design spec for the package management tool

On Monday 01 December 2003 09:22, Brent Fox wrote:
> http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/config-tools/specs/redhat-config-packages
>/

This was posted some time ago.

The current s-c-p certainly does not support this spec with respect to
individual package selection for installation or removal.  NEither does it
support the network interface.

I realize that there are a lot higher priority things being done to get FC2
out the door.  However, can someone update us on the status of this?  Is
there any hope of seeing this in the FC2 time frame?

I have the need to install both gnome and kde plus a number of other packages.
While some of these additional packages are covered by the existing groups,
many are not.  Manually adding the additional packages is very time consuming
and people intensive.  I could do an Everything install but that brings in a
lots of "extra" stuff that I have no desire/need to have installed and
(again) manually removing these packages is very time consuming.
--
Gene