Re: design spec for the package management tool

On Thursday 22 April 2004 12:47, seth vidal wrote:
> take the comps.xml file copy it to:
>        /var/cache/yum/somerepo/yumgroups.xml
>
> then you can do things like:
> yum groupinstall "KDE"

The group related stuff I can do now with s-c-p, can I install individual
packages (not an update of a previously installed package) from a gui
interface?

Can I remove one of more packages from gui interface?

The design spec cited in
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/config-tools/specs/redhat-config-packages
looks real good but I am not sure what the status of this is.  The might be
some RFE or suggestions that I would offer if this was an active effort but
why waste the time if it is a dead issue?

I can do it all now manually via rpm but it is a bit time consuming.  There is
the additional complication of figuring out any dependencies that need to be
installed.  The same situation exists for removing packages ... oops can't
remove that because something needs it.
--
Gene