Re: [Fedora-config-list] Importance of install/remove/update by group interface

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 23:01, seth vidal wrote:

> huh? Why is this a difference? Yum can represent packages as just name.
> That's one of the reasons why there is that storage option in the
> nevral. Heck, the groups support is already IN yum now. I didn't have to
> cause any magic to make that work.

Are you denying there is alchemy involved in python-rpm?  If not alchemy
there certainly seems to be a good deal of secrecy.

I am having a hard time finding much info on it.  The best sources of
information seem to be the code for up2date, anaconda and yum combined
with the c APIs.

It will likely make a lot more sense when I look over yum.comps
tomorrow.

Thanks
Dave Farning